Sunday, July 23, 2006

One Player Game: Supers Lite

So, because of some odd thoughts I had about superhero universes, and such things in genera, and my generally pessmistic outlook TO such things, I want to try something different.

A superhero game, in "lite" mode. Not dark, not doom and gloom and 'the real world does this, so everyone fears you' etc. It's never really happened in #game1. So I'd like to try it. The one player limit is, well, I think I could manage it best that way.

(N.B. Two players is possible if 2 ppl want to do a siblings or parent/child duo.)

The goal is a superhero game that's about fun. Helping people, having fun, balancing hero and life, beating Bad Guys and the like.

Oh, yes: So far, Caltak is interested. He just said so.

To continue: The actual universe - and power level of the PC - will be worked out with the player. We can do spiderman level, even Superman (though, well, not THAT powerful please :p) and go from there. The PC will need family, job, who they're "out" to and the like.

How many heroes/nature of the universe'd have to be worked out, too. are there lots of heroes? Villains? Tems? I don't mind stealing piles of stuff from other universes, but I'd also rather not set it specifically in another one; the PC is the star of the story.

The game system would also have to be worked out. Probably Risus, or something, for simplicity. [Not BESM - done it too much lately.] Amber, a la 4ways, is also viable.

Things to keep in mind: This universe will be a collaboration between GM and player. For those who watched La Fin, it's something like that. Only more so. The comic angsty cliches will be used, of course; GF/BF wondering where you are, people wondering why you always go missing etc. How far all of that goes depends on what's made, and the general kind of universe it is, how common heroes are etc.

Players who are NOT in it will be encouraged to make up villains, settings etc. that can be thrown in. I plan to have FUN with it :)

CAVEAT: Okay, so I AM editing it now. To whit:

The PC would need a family. Friends. A weakness or two. Means of travel. Ability to withstand getting hurt. And, for the sake of their sanity, probably at least one person who knows their secret. If it is one.

2 comments:

  1. I don't feel up to editing it, so....

    A lot of who ges in depends on what time they can mnake. And how often they want to play. Given games going on now, it's likely to be a weekend/friday night style game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could definately do a weekend evening type deal there. Say saturday evening or friday.

    This is definately most intriguing. If I am not in this I will most likely be making up some villians and other extrenuous activities for the hero!

    ReplyDelete