Tuesday, February 17, 2004

The Blood Sucking Blues (for LOLAD)

Wrote it today based on some scratched notes from a day or so ago. Somehow, it shall end up in the novel.

The Blood Sucking Blues (Feb 2004)

Sometimes when I'm drinking their blood
I wonder that I was such a dud.
The lady was cute, and polite and nice
But took my life and didn't ask twice.

You'll live forever, she said to me,
But didn't mention holy places ... or UV.
And then there's stakes or being left to burn
Oh, medium rare or well done, who would mourn?

Oh, I got the blood sucking blues, yeah,
I drink their blood and the diiiee, it's true.
Oh, I can't subsist on other animals
Or even vegetarians or small mammals

Have to drink their blood, down my throat like a flood
I'm a vampire baby, can't call anyone bud.
Oh, I'm stuck with the blood sucking blues
And it can only end if I ... lose.

I'd love to drown it all in booze
Got no excuse for my blues
Feel like I was dragged through the mud
But all I want is some more red blood.

Oh, I got the blood sucking blues
I got the blood sucking blues...


No comments:

Post a Comment